I came to eXp Realty as a brand new, part time agent in the real estate industry. In my second year I hit six figures as a new, PART time agent. In my third year I left my cushy 8-5 government job and went into real estate full time!
Even more incredible, my sponsor at eXp hit SEVEN FIGURES in commission income in his second year, as a new agent who started at eXp Realty!
But, these will not be everyone’s story.
While eXp Realty has perhaps the highest value, most agent-centric brokerage in the history of real estate, it may not always be the right fit to start at for some new agents. I may be one of the only eXp agents to admit this… while I love eXp and I love coaching new agents to succeed like I did, it doesn’t do anyone any good if it isn’t a good fit.
There are a lot of real estate companies to choose from. So, should new real estate agents join eXp Realty? Let’s talk about it.
If This is You, You Should Absolutely Be at eXp:
Listen, I LOVE my brokerage. Let me say again: I L-O-V-E my real estate company! And the agents on this list below that have joined our free team at eXp and really maximized their opportunities for growth and freedom as eXp Realty agents all say the same thing.
All of these agents have completely clear value and monetary benefits by joining eXp Realty over a traditional real estate brokerage (whether they’ve seen the model with our team yet or not):
- Real estate agents with some experience
- Team leads or agents wanting to build scalable teams
- Part time agents / agents wanting to transition on their own terms
- Top producers
- Luxury agents
- Commercial agents
- Referral only agents
- Investor agents
- Agents wanting cash flow, retirement, healthcare, and/or ownership/equity
After starting at and spending years at eXp, I’m absolutely certain that ALL of the agents listed above should be at eXp Realty for their growth, success, and freedom. If you don’t understand why, I challenge you to schedule a call to take a closer look with us – and then decide for yourself!
But there is a category that is missing from the list above: new agents! Let’s look at the pros and cons of eXp Realty versus a traditional brokerage as a new real estate agent.
Pros of eXp Realty as a New Agent
Here are just a few of the bigger eXp Realty pros as a new Realtor or new agent:
- Maximize profit from the start: 80-100% commission and low $16K cap. Compare that to most other traditional brokerage options (including Keller Williams & Coldwell Banker) and you’ll make more from day one. That’s a good way to start out! Learn more about the eXp Realty commission split and cap.
- Assigned Local Mentor: Newer agents are assigned a local mentor for their first three transactions (or more): more about the eXpand mentorship program. This is a key to your success as a new agent!
- 80+ Hours a Week of Live training from top agents: With eXp World and Workplace, agents can take training hand selected from the top agents in the 90,000+ company and collaborate with them on a daily basis in a virtual office. You’re not limited to what your local broker and staff can give you or train you on.
- Sponsorship Team Support: the right Sponsor can catapult your success as a new agent at eXp by providing coaching, mentorship, resources, courses, tools, training, advice, and masterminds above and beyond all the value already provided at eXp.
- Powerful CRM with lead generation: kvCORE is included, which provides website linked to local MLS, free and paid lead generation tools, customer management, marketing automation, drip campaigns, etc.
- Ownership of your brokerage: On your first transaction and with multiple ways to earn shares, you are an OWNER of your brokerage – it isn’t a franchise. The brokers and staff work FOR YOU. You own eXp Realty, Commercial, Global, and all of our growing list of subcompanies as a shareholder.
- Accessible support staff: Hundreds of staff members including broker, admin, finance, IT, legal, contracts – are immediately accessible in multiple ways! By the way, they all work for you because YOU own the brokerage!
- Time and location flexibility: Agents can train, get support, and close transactions from anywhere at anytime.
- Best option for part timers: So many Realtors start part time – for good reason: you don’t know how long it will take to build your successful real estate business. If you need the option to work, train, and get support part time or transition on your own terms and timeline, eXp Realty is the best option for part time agents.
- Build financial freedom: eXp Realty gives you multiple ways to earn income as an agent, including an agent equity program to earn stock options (EXPI = eXp World Holdings on the NASDAQ stock exchange) and revenue share (which is much more advantageous than Keller Williams’ profit share). These are game changers if you want to create financial freedom while you sell real estate, something our team values and coaches.
- Join a team: New agents have the option to join local eXp agent production teams once onboarded… which brings me to the cons of eXp Realty as a new agent…
Cons of eXp Realty as a New Agent
- eXp is a “what you make of it” opportunity: You can have all the tools, training, mentorship, coaching, and support in the world available to you, but if you don’t go out and take advantage of it and put the effort in, this may not be the place for you.
- Mentor matching isn’t perfect: Sometimes it takes a while to get a new agent matched up with a the perfect local mentor. Luckily, you can get reassigned if you want!
- In person support is up to you: unless you decide to join a local production team once on board, there aren’t required in-person events, training, support, or meetings. There ARE in person events and opportunities, and you can definitely partner up with other agnets in in your market without joining a team. But nobody is going to force you, so showing up is up to you!
- No office-based support (usually): While some brokerages that come to eXp keep an office, it isn’t common as we don’t pay office overhead. Most agents don’t use offices and clients don’t care about offices. If you need a space, eXp provides free access to shared Regus workspaces.
- Sponsor support varies – Your sponsor choice MATTERS. They should be the agent that most influenced you to join eXp BY SHOWING YOU that they will provide value and direct support forever. Learn more!
How to Succeeded as a New Agent at eXp Realty (or anywhere!)
You only need three things to be successful as a real estate agent – take this in because this will be true for ANY brokerage you end up at:
- Mentorship Support
Let’s break these down because it’s important.
Be Willing to Consistently Hustle
No matter where you go, you as a real estate agent are running YOUR OWN business. That means YOU decide how much effort to put in, how to lead generate, and how to serve your clients.
You have to be willing to put in the work, go get the training and education you need, work with your mentor, build your social media presence, and work every possible lead.
Not only that, but statistically speaking, agent income skyrockets in the few years after their first year as an agent. It is important to be in this for the long haul to really see the results and build a massively successful business!
Here’s a secret: getting your real estate license was the easy part. Now the real work (and fun!) begins!
Simply joining a brokerage is just another small–but important–step in your real estate journey. You must be willing to take initiative and hustle. If you are the person who SEEKS the help, support, mentorship, tools, and training available to you, then you’ll crush it!
Agents with hustle are INCREDIBLY successful anywhere they go. And if you have hustle you can easily succeed as a new agent at eXp Realty.
Find the Right Mentorship & Support
It doesn’t matter HOW much hustle you have if you don’t have a support structure of kickass people you can go to with questions as a new agent. At eXp, you have a lot of people and ways to get support:
- You assigned local mentor
- Your sponsor & sponsorship team
- Your state broker team & staff
- Fellow agents on workplace – local and not local
- eXp World
- eXp’s Workplace
- Local team support
Even with all those methods of support, you need two things especially:
- Someone to go to and shadow for local real estate transactions and knowhow- a local mentor!
- Someone to to ask where you should go for specific support, training, etc.: a sponsor!
At eXp you have a sponsor that is there to point you in the right direction whenever you need it. Some sponsors even provide a LOT more. And your local mentor is the person that will give you the one on one you need to succeed through your first few transactions.
Once you join eXp realty as a new agent, you will be paired up with a local certified mentor, that is the person that you will get the most guidance from as an agent. You may not need to follow your mentor around in person, but you might want that option. That’s why a mentor is important for EVERY new agent!
Be sure that wherever you go, you know who your direct mentor and who your sponsor will be and how they plan to help and support you. You should never feel like you are lost or alone in real estate!
Put Your Education First
You have to have two things when it comes to education:
- A drive to get educated – the amount of education a brokerage provides only matters if you take advantage of it!
- Access to the best possible education – like live training from top agents in the nation!
Great training from the world’s top producing real estate agents only comes in handy when you actually attend AND implement what is taught! A great class means nothing if you don’t show up and implement the knowledge.
Combine a desire to learn with top notch training and you are well on your way to become a successful real estate entrepreneur!
So, Should New Real Estate Agents Join eXp Realty? If you aren’t afraid of hustle, then absolutely!
Not all brand new agents with no experience will do well at eXp Realty right away. But anyone with hustle can succeed here and achieve six of seven figures in no time at all just like our team has and our team coaches new agents to achieve.
It’s absolutely true that eXp Realty’s business model is designed to be more agent centric and designed to great growth and freedom for the successful real estate agent. eXp is the best choice for agents that want unlimited growth, ultimate flexibility, and the opportunity to create financial freedom through real estate in the United States and around the world!
Whether they start at eXp Realty or not, many agents will come to eXp in time due to the overall value, especially for agents with experience. Our growth is astronomical, so statistically speaking it’s only a matter of time.
If you have hustle, and are good with the cons I described above for new agents, then you will do just fine at eXp realty as a new agent – especially if you have the added value and support of a great sponsor!
Should new real estate agents join eXp Realty? The choice is yours, but it is definitely worth comparing to other brokerages available in your market.
Learn More About eXp Realty & Our Free Partnership Team!
If you are interested in joining the best brokerage for agent growth, compensation, and opportunity in the world, be sure to partner with the best sponsorship team in the world as well! We provide additional training, tools, coaching, partners, collaboration, masterminds, and resources for your success!
For more eXp Realty details, check out our comprehensive About eXp Realty – Everything You Need to Know article.